Do you want to be a part of something great? Are you hoping to join a team where you can learn and grow? Read on to see if you have what it takes to join the team!
We have an opportunity for a Dental Assistant to join our growing practice. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment—directly assisting dentists in the delivery of great dental care to patients, you may be just the person we are looking for. Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Preparing treatment room for patient by adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Cleaning and sterilizing dental instruments according to infection control protocols.
- Taking and preparing x-rays for dentist review and reference using dental radiology standards.
- Escorting patients to treatment room and preparing patients for the dentist and the applicable procedure(s).
- Updating patient's medical history
- Assisting dentist at chair-side in four-handed dentistry techniques; anticipating dentist's needs while at chair-side.
- Assists Dental Hygienist as needed with charting and set-up/sterilization of hygiene treatment rooms and equipment.
- Providing patient education as appropriate and encouraging good home oral hygiene.
- Maintaining safe, clean and organized working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protecting patients and employees by adhering to infection control policies and protocols.
Skills and Abilities
- Able to provide great patient care
- Ability to maintain poise and composure under pressure
- Be a team player and have excellent people skills
- Skilled multitasker with excellent analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Dental x-ray certification
- Certification or associate degree in an accredited dental assisting program
- Two (2) or more years of clinical experience in a dental practice
- Current BLS/CPR certification
- Proficiency using MS Excel, MS Word, and e-mail
To be at the top of our list, you will also have the following preferred qualifications:
- Two (2) years of clinical experience
- Experience using the Eaglesoft software application for all scheduling and charting activities
If this sounds like a perfect opportunity, we want to hear from you. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com right away!